apologetically dressed in the best

Monday, November 06, 2006

i like to pick at scabs because they remind me that i'm real

tonight the air chokes any lungs brave enough to go outside and breathe it.
tonight the radio plays only our favorite song-
on every station-
luring you to stay inside.
tonight the birds fly away from us overhead in a flock of a v,
and taking our troubles with them for the winter-
only with the very last littlest bird carrying the most.
but by the spring we'll find some reason to be miserable enough again.
she's got a smile that keeps love in business-
romantics hoping-
and so much life gnc would kill to sell in pill form.
as for me if i got ahold of those pills?
well, i'd overdose.
she has the opposite of everything i've got.
i know that it's unhealthy to hold the glass this close to your lips.
sometimes i want to be reunited with my lost love...
sometimes i want to be that made for tv movie...
the success story.
sleep tugs at my eyelids the way i pull the blankets up to my shoulders every night.
safeandsnug.
focus more on what you have instead of what you lost and don't have.
focus more on what you have instead of what you (don't even) need.
focus more on sleep before the sun.
games are for competitors-
and this is no contest.
let's beat them at their own name.
i'll hold your hand to my heart if you hold me to every word i ever said.