apologetically dressed in the best

Thursday, October 09, 2008

decided to settle for "enough" of your heart instead of it all

tonight i made another promise to myself that i know i won't keep. somehow i stay on my toes with my back turned. i think i've got it all in my hands as pieces fall away every day like breadcrumbs leading back to the old me, to the way i used to be. might as well be invisible, every attempt made to be irreplaceable goes unnoticed. more replaceable each day instead of less. i'll always just be the reflection in the glass over someone else's picture. a fix but not a solution. not an answer. temporary. go back to church because i don't have a prayer? a thought in the back of your head behind the one that matters more. "you should be glad you're there at all" but there's no proof of that. more pressing, not to you just on me. gambling with luck. a second two late. i should have i could have i didn't i can't. i'm not. never will be. i'm glad i'm not her- fickle and fictitious. but i kind of wish i had whatever she does that gets you to care. i have all the words to say but none you want to hear, there's nothing for me to offer you that you want to see. it's a choice: settle or be settled on- the only two options there are. try to remember me when you forget who you are.